Aug 24, 2009

The glory is His alone....

Purely for documenting purposes, I present you with my Gerberas.

Remember when I got them?

We're going on four whole months.

Still living, for all you doubters out there.

Not that I can take the glory, because I have watered them twice.

I will admit to you, I have had a rough summer. I worry about my boys. I worry about the future. I worry about our finances. I worry about what people think of me. I worry about worrying too much. It's an endless cycle. I have had many more days that I was a WORRIER than days that I was a WARRIOR.

And then today I walked out my front door and was confronted with my daisies. They are gorgeous, and I haven't touched the things. And I stood stock still when these verses smacked me in the face....

Consider the {daisies} how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothe the grass, which is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?

Oh, yes He did. The Holy Spirit started calling me names.

At first I laughed, and then I hit my knees. It's true. My faith begins wavering and it is all downhill from there. As soon as I begin to doubt myself, Satan jumps in and starts shooting his darts and my Shield of Faith is not in place. And Satan wins that round.

But, thanks to my flowers for reminding me, that Satan will lose the war. And God will take care of me. And He will continue to send just enough rain to keep my flowers alive one more week.

But, wait, that's not all that God is keeping alive this summer....

These babies are thriving!

5 comments:

Sew a Fine Seam said...

Those Gerberas are the hardiest things! I just love them. They are very forgiving about lack of water. Great flower to have!!
Jill

Mrs. K said...

Thank you for this. I needed to hear it today!

hubbardgirl said...

stop that worrying and be that WARRIOR right now!!not that i'm someone to be telling you that....my struggle daily!! the gerberas have had the perfect summer for growth...let's let God do the watering...stay in Him and we WILL grow!

Jessica said...

Oh, how I wish I could post a picture of the lush weed patch I am a proud owner of. Just as your flowers inspire you, I am reminded what happens to land when nothing good is planted there. hint- it does not just remain to be bare, fertile ground.

Amber said...

1. I live 1 mile away feel free to contact at any time for a slap to stop worrying!
2. Thank God that you have HIM, and you don't have to literally clothe yourself with armour daily, in biking pants, a mini skirt to go over it, knee high boots, sheilds, a face mask, and a sword!
3. So to the number 2 comment, why bog ourselves down with worry that is just as heavy as all the clothes when the armour of God is so light..our firm foundation in HIM and faith for HIM to lead us!
I know that those things are easier said than done, and that sometimes we feel we need all the cover ups to help us, but we have it...PRAYER!!! Praying God will lift you up and relieve your worries! Have a FANTASTIC day! Love ya!