Aug 23, 2009

Sanctified Sunday

And on the seventh day, God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. Genesis 2:2-3

This book is the reason that I am not starting Weight Watchers tomorrow. I am under strict orders on what I am allowed to spend money on for the next two weeks. (i.e. nothing)

Drew is into Hardy Boys right now. He found Nate's old stack and started in....

Finn wanted to take his skateboard for show and tell on Monday. That sounded like a disaster to me, but what do I know? I cut out a skateboard shape and let him go at it decorating with flames. He was entertained for two hours. Seriously.

We put the boys to bed at 7:45.
At 9:00, I peeked in at them....

and even the Black Power Ranger has to rest sometime.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh..that Dave Ramsey book will get you in trouble :) We listened to his financial peace university cd's to/from Florida this past Feb. I still hear his voice in my head everytime I go to buy something that's not really in our budget! And yes, we now have a real budget for the first time.

Sew a Fine Seam said...

Kids are so funny. I should take pictures of the way my girls sometimes fall asleep:)
Hey, I just posted some pics of Clark's birthday gift, will that keep you going for awhile? Like YOU have been posting every day lately!!:) Remember, I'm a teacher now on top of being a Mom and seamstress. Er I guess the seamstress should probably move to the back of the line now, huh??
I have 3 things left on that to-do pile. I hope to have them done this week along with 3 gb dresses that just landed on my doorstep late last week. Sigh. I'd better get hoppin', I'm taking the girls to the fair on Friday so that day is already out. Story hour tomorrow...I'm tired already.
Jill

alee said...

My husband is a Dave Ramsey fan also :). & His advice is good {we love His budget envelopes!} But I do groan alittle when I see that book out AGAIN :)!

Mrs. K said...

We took the FP class a few years ago but could stand to do it all over again. Like Rachel, I still hear his voice (beans and rice, rice and beans). My husband took the class because he was so sick of hearing "Well, Dave Ramsey says", lol.

We still have a LOOOOOOONG way to go.

Aunt Jessica said...

Awww- there is that "hedge of protection" I pray for your boys. Right there on his head as he sleeps!