Jun 10, 2009

Soccer pictures

When Nate told me he wanted to help with soccer this year, I kind of balked.

1. He did not play soccer.

2. He did not know the rules.

3. I know what I've thought about other coaches that didn't have experience.

4. I was nervous about his, um, athletic ability.

Like always, he proved me wrong.

1. Instead of COACHING coaching, he was more the head cheerleader. He was first to cheer on the kids and give high-fives. He would give the pep talks at the end. "Good job everyone. You played great. I'm sure we'll win the next game."

2. He helped control the kids when Coach Monica wanted to talk. He would line them up and make them salute and make all the parents giggle.

3. He didn't need to know the rules. That's what refs are for.

4. He loved to tease the kids about running laps. They would just roll their eyes at him and grin. It's been a fun season.

Doesn't Nate look like he's singing...
Young man, young man, there's no need to feel down.
Young man, young man, get yourself off the ground.
Y-M-C-A .... it's fun to stay at the Y-M-C-A.

No comments: