Nov 17, 2011

Singing psalms...

I love it when I find the bible verses that inspire some of my favorite songs. I always jot the name of the song that comes to my head when I read certain verses. Sometimes the song lyrics are exactly the same as the psalm and I bust right into singing. I love that. I think David would be amazed that his words are still inspiring musicians today. My psalm for the day is Psalm 3... do you recognize the song?

LORD, how many are my foes!
How many rise up against me!
Many are saying of me,
“God will not deliver him.”

But you, LORD, are a shield around me,
my glory, the One who lifts my head high.
I call out to the LORD,
and he answers me from his holy mountain.

I lie down and sleep;
I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.
I will not fear though tens of thousands
assail me on every side.

(Listen for Psalm 121...)

I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.


1 comment:

Regina said...

I totally love this post...we have talked about this before, but, I can't believe how many songs that we listen to on the radio or sing in the choir that are straight out of scripture...I thought of the song the choir sings...lifter of my head...it is from this same scripture...it is word for word from God's word...how awesome is that!! I just heard someone recently talking about Chris Tomlin's songs and they were saying that's why his songs are so popular and full of worship, because they're scripture set to music!!! My girls still dream of going to another of his concerts...pure worship...love you!!