Aug 1, 2011

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

My latest find... 5 Illustrated Children's Songbooks printed in London, England... 35 cents a piece.

The past week was filled with prayer requests for five different children. When I found these books on Saturday, I sat down Indian-style in the aisle to read them all. I trust that He can bear our burdens, but I had to give special thanks when He reached me through the dusty shelves of a thrift store to remind me of His promises.

There's NOTHING too hard for Thee, dear Lord,
There's NOTHING too hard for Thee,
With Thee is all the power and love,
There's NOTHING too hard for Thee.

So I'm TRUSTING alone in Thee, dear Lord,
I'm TRUSTING alone in Thee,
With Thee is all the power and love,
I'm TRUSTING alone in Thee,

I'm TRUSTING alone in Thee, dear Lord,
To meet my every need;
With Thee is all the silver and gold,
I'm TRUSTING alone in Thee.

The GIANTS great and strong we see
Filling up the land;
But Thou art with us, Lord,
and we will TRUST Thy mighty hand.

I will not FEAR the way, dear Lord,
I will not FEAR the way,
For Thou art ever with me, Lord,
I will not FEAR the way.

Praise the Lord, all five children are recovering. Looks like they're going to be receiving some cute little songbooks.

2 comments:

Katie said...

What a cool find, Joni!

Anonymous said...

He puts a NEW song in our hearts...
and He keeps us singing!!!