Oct 20, 2009

On the sixth day, Eve is reminded of her nakedness


Step Two: Sit back and read, I only have one picture today....

I have been busy and uninspired for clothing for Eve this week. I threw my hands up and decided to stop worrying about it. Our homework for Keep a Quiet Heart was to find scripture on prayer and any write down any thoughts or stories we had. I started going through all of my old Beth Moore workbooks and putting a little star beside every time I had written down a prayer that had been answered. It was overwhelmingly humbling. There were more prayers answered than not. Little prayers to urgent pleas. What bothered me the most is that I haven't acknowledged the answered prayers in my most recent prayers. I just keep asking for more. I stopped writing stars because I felt that they all had been answered in some way... even if the answer was no.

And now, here is my picture for the day. Another reason that I haven't dressed Eve because I have been surrounded by sequins and chiffon from altering two homecoming dresses. So here is Macy. I can't claim her as my daughter, although I would with no questions asked. All I can claim is the altering I did on her dress, taking it in and hemming and taking it in some more. Macy is the one with the style, Regina and Kevin passed on their good looks, and Goodwill is her store of choice....

No comments: