Jul 12, 2009

Weight Watcher vs. Foodie


I have two voices in my head.
Some people use the terms Bad Angel and Good Angel.
But I don't want to go there.

So I am going to call them:

Weight Watcher
(person who is dieting in order to lose weight)

and

Foodie
(a person keenly interested in food, especially in eating or cooking.)


Yippee! It's summer! And you know what that means...

Cake Batter Ice Cream!

Garden vegetables...

Whose garden, exactly?

Tossed with a wee bit of EVOO and kosher salt...

What in the world is EVOO? Bring on the butter!

And grill. This works great for squash, and asparagus, and corn...

And Pioneer Woman Burgers, and Marinated Steaks, and Chicken!

Did you know that you can make an entire meal out of vegetables?

I'd like to be there when you tell Nate that.

Because, remember, the Bible says, "For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things..."

But...but... Jesus said "Come and dine" and the one of the last things he did with his disciples was eat supper...

They broke bread together and ate mostly fish, they didn't feast.

And Weight Watcher always wins the arguments.
But Foodie always ignores her.

I've always felt sorry for Eve when the serpent tempts her to eat fruit from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil and she gives in.
I feel her pain.

3 comments:

Sew a Fine Seam said...

Sigh. I'm with you girl. Why oh why did God not make us all like those who can eat and eat and eat and eat and it never shows?? Sigh.

I'm loving that EAT sign. If you want to get rid of it...!
Jill

hubbardgirl said...

I could be one of the ones who can eat and eat and eat and EAT and it DOES show!!I don't think Jill knows me....please don't introduce us! :) btw, about BOYS, there is much less drama involved. But we love them ALL so much cause God lends them to us..............and God is LOVE!!!!

Amber said...

I love food!!!