Aug 31, 2009

It takes a village to raise a child, and...

It takes a neighborhood....

To can for my family.

Big Thanks to ......

Robin for corn and fresh veggies delivered to my door weekly.

Christy for her extra green beans from her own bountiful garden.

Doug's for basket of raspberries that I made four PRECIOUS jars of jelly.

Amber for sharing her grape juice (NOT CONCENTRATE) from grapes off of our dilapidated vines that I was too lazy to pick.

Marilyn for sharing some jalapenos... mucho gracias...

But, most of all, Mama Lucille....

for tomatoes, peppers, pickles, and canning all of my jars.

Even though I show up at your house at 2:00 and ask you to can beans when you are leaving to go camping, do you still love me?

Because I love you. Thanks big time. IOU.
One of my PRECIOUS jars of jelly is headed your way.

Laurie and Maddie: If it makes you feel any better, the cat has found it's spot. I think it is adjusting well, despite the wide eyed stare and refusal to look me in the eyes. You named her Black Eyed Pea, but I would like to shorten it. I don't like Blackie, nor do I like Pea-Pea. I can't remember if you said it was a boy or a girl and I refuse to check it's gender. If it is a girl, I will name her Fergie, of course. And if it is a boy...... apl.de.ap.

4 comments:

hubbardgirl said...

hey, we have your kittie's brother and sister. they are named papaya and pepper. do i have any flowers left? no.. but they were about done for anyway. so cute and hopefully will be good mousers.

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting on my jelly :) and I still Love you.

Silent Stalker said...

Si sabes espanol porque no lo hablaste hoy en el restaurant??? . . .Yo vi tu "mucho gracias" comentario

Joni said...

Estimado Stalker Secreto: Yo no quise intimidarle, pero podría haber orado en español...